post-surgery

After getting my wisdom teeth out, I basically couldn't chew, so I had to make sure I got my nutrients, but in a semi-liquid form. One of my favorites was this smoothie bowl / ice cream kind of thing.


So yes, this is another recipe post. Of course, you can adjust the measurements to your liking, but here's approximately what I blended up. You have to start with the basics. A liquid, and a couple fruits & a leafy green if you want.

I chose to use Almond milk, a banana, and some frozen strawberries and blueberries. No kale for me today, because we ran out.


Then comes your optional protein powder. I like this because normally, it'll be a great post-workout thing, but for this, it just keeps me full. This powder from Olympian Labs is a natural plant protein powder from peas, and it doesn't have soy or whey. Also gluten free, vegan, and non-gmo.


So basically, what you do is take all those ingredients, chuck it into your blender, and blend until smooth. Add ice if you want.


Here's the actual recipe though:

Berry & Banana Protein Smoothie
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/3 cup blueberries
1/3 - 1/2 cup almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder

Combine in a blender until smooth. Adjusting each ingredient will change the consistency, so feel free to do that if you wish.


Have a happy day,

Grace Khieu

No comments:

Post a Comment