summer strawberries going into autumn.

My first post on here... I was going to write something insightful, but decided to just hop right into this whole blogging thing and try to get it all figured out. In the future, I plan to have more detailed pictures and all that kind of stuff, but today, all I can give you is a picture from my Instagram. I had some leftover strawberries in the fridge because they were on sale, but were in that weird in-between stage where they're too ripe to eat fresh, so you are forced to freeze them for smoothies and stuff like that. That's the more positive side of the situation, because the other side is the fact that some are starting to become moldy. I decided to make a strawberry compote/jam kind of thing to just spread on bread or top onto ice cream, like I did here.


I didn't really follow an exact recipe, but here is a rough estimate of my measurements, if you wanted to try it out yourself.

Strawberry + Blueberry Topping
2 cups ripe strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
a squeeze of lemon

combine all these ingredients together into a pot, bring it to a boil, and let it simmer until it reduces down to a syrup-y consistency.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this first post. I can't promise that I'll blog every day, but I'll try to make it onto here at least once a week.

Have a happy day,

Grace Khieu

No comments:

Post a Comment