happy november!

Happy November, everybody!

Before I get into this long post I wrote, i just wanted to post a couple pretty autumn pictures from my Instagram, because they make me happy. :)

   

Today was the day I finally realized why I decided to take a break from Youtube. (surprise!...) It helps to talk to one of your best friends and basically stumble upon the reasons why taking a break isn't a bad thing, even if it feels like it.

My work life is split up into three parts, I feel:
• online work
• schoolwork
• work I do for the school

Initially, this didn't seem like a lot to me. But the more I thought about it, the more stressful it seemed. I wondered why I was able to do all of it... and I couldn't.

My online work consists of my Youtube channel, this blog, 2 other Tumblr's, two Polyvore accounts + 5 Polyvore tip accounts, as well as Instagram, Twitter, and my Facebook page. I also do work with and for the school, like making promotional videos for them, and managing their Instagram and helping with other online content.

This leaves my schoolwork trailing behind on the list of priorities. This is bad, because I'm applying for college and bad grades do not make for good results.

So this is why, my friends, I am taking a break from Youtube & tipping.

Sometimes it's nice to just look back on your whole life and evaluate it. See what's important and what's not. And if something is important, but can wait, then take a break from it. You'll thank me later ;) Haha, but really - taking a break gives you SO much more time to focus on things that matter so much more in the moment. Don't be afraid to make that change in your life. It's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength and maturity.

& with that, I leave you one last thing: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Have a happy day,

Grace Khieu

No comments:

Post a Comment