LNT01: Late Night Thoughts

Late Night Thoughts is something I think I'm going to do. Oftentimes before going to bed, I have some thoughts, so I write them down on my phone and go to bed. I guess I'll be publishing them the next day so that I can read through it for typos, add a visual, make it pretty, etc. After all, I am a Graphic Communication major, so I do have the urge to make all things look pretty. Here are some of my late night thoughts from last night.


Sometimes God places certain people in your life at the right times for the right reasons. And for me, this past week and a half has been a huge realization of that and it makes me so grateful that orientation went the way it did and I met the people I met. It also made me realize that I am so fortunate to have the close friends I have and still keep in contact, despite the hustle and bustle of school starting up.

I recently moved down to college and I had a week long orientation program. Through this, complete strangers would hopefully become friends. I am not someone to quickly call someone a friend, unless I really feel that way. There were people who I saw as a nice classmates, others who were fun to hang around with, and others who were walking the same faith journey as me. That meant a lot to me, knowing that we had that connection.

We did so many things as a group, like watching a soccer game together, going kayaking, hanging out at the beach, eating basically all meals together, hiking the dunes, and going to the tide pools. These are memories that I will truly cherish forever.

I recently became friends with someone I've gone to school with for the past 4 years. However, we became friends after school had ended and we graduated, even though we were on the same track team and participated in music together. I'm someone who needs to talk out my problems out loud and it's nice to have someone to listen but also give advice. I really appreciate that he's not quick to speak, but rather thinks carefully about each sentence before saying it and puts a lot of thought into giving me advice and sending and explaining Bible verses to me. It's nice to have someone who listens. I am so grateful that we became friends because in the few times that we have talked in person and on the phone, I've learned so much, and in general, it's nice to know a person who can have both deep and casual conversations. Someone who will listen and talk. Someone who is open minded but still stays grounded in their beliefs. So seriously, God bless R because I've learned so much just by listening to you and I value that a lot. It's not often a friend will speak with you for over an hour and a half and say that the conversations are more important than sleep. I think that's pretty cool.

I've decided that I'm going to start reflecting more. Life isn't about looking in the past and dwelling, but rather reflecting on the past to make the future better. That's the reason why I made this blog, so that I could dump my thoughts and look back on them later. It doesn't matter if people read these or not, but I will read them and it will be interesting to see how things change between now and the future.

It's a strange and unsure feeling, that's for sure. I'm also a little excited, yet anxious. It will be fine, though. Anything that happens will happen for a reason. I guess I can be worried for the future but I know in my heart that I am not alone, and that makes me feel good inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment