last finals week of first year.


The weeks leading up to finals were hard. Lots of projects, lots of stress, and not a lot of time. However, I made it a point to bust out my camera just to capture the little moments where we were in the same location for the entire day, completely losing our minds after having minimal sleep and too much caffeine. Nobody was booking me for photoshoots and I just had an itching to take photos all the time - so I did. I took every excuse to make ordinary things look extraordinary.

    

I will forever cherish those moments because it's when the "real" versions of everybody comes out - everybody shows a much more raw side of themselves and it can be a scary yet beautiful thing.

I had the opportunity to take pictures of friends who normally hate pictures of themselves or claim they're not photogenic. It's a beautiful thing. I just love the reactions people get when they see a good picture of themselves - "yes, you are that attractive!!"



I'm more than halfway through summer and to be honest, it's been hard. I miss SLO, I miss my friends.. they felt more like family than what is going on here at home. A little part of me is getting impatient but it just makes me so much more excited for all the things I'm going to do with my friends, even if that's just studying for 10 hours straight.

♡, Grace Khieu


No comments:

Post a Comment